Hi everyone, the Easy-RSA forums directed me to this mailing list for support questions. Hopefully someone here will be able to help me.

I have successfully created an EasyRSA 3 based PKI CA as described in the standard tutorials on this topic. This currently works with OpenVPN without issue. The ca.key file I have created for my PKI is passworded in-line with best practice. Consequently I am prompted for this password everytime I sign cert requests with the CA. So far so good.

My question is this:
How can I change the password associated with this ca.key file?

The specific scenario I have in mind is when i already know the existing ca.key password but I want to change the password to something else? For example if an admin leaves my workplace it is obviously best practice to change password associated with the CA key.

Is this possible with EasyRSA without recreating my entire CA from scratch and re-issuing all keys?

Thanks

--
Stephen Ellwood,
Embedded System Engineer,