On 17/01/2022 23:37, Bo Berglund wrote:
[..snip...]
I have two server instances running with and without Internet routing from conf
files server.conf and serverlocal.conf.
I want to change them to the new handling.

So to switch over I assume could do as follows:

1) sudo systemctl stop openvpn
2) Edit /etc/default/openvpn and comment out the AUTOSTART= line
3) sudo mkdir /etc/openvpn/client ; sudo mkdir /etc/openvpn/server
4) sudo mv /etc/openvpn/server*.conf /etc/openvpn/server/
5) sudo systemctl enable openvpn-server@server
6) sudo systemctl enable openvpn-server@serverlocal
7) sudo systemctl start openvpn-server@server
8) sudo systemctl start openvpn-server@serverlocal

Would this be all that is needed?

This looks reasonable. You can combine the enable/start operations in one go, for simplicity:

    systemctl enable --now openvpn-server@server

The '--now' argument will run the 'start' command for you.

Or is there some other cleanup I need to perform in order to get it done
properly?
Some other service I need to stop?

Yes, you need to ensure that 'openvpn.service' and any 'openvpn@*.service' have been stopped. This is easy to check by running:

   systemctl status openvpn.service openvpn@*.service

You can also ensure they are all stopped and disabled in a similar way as enabling services:

   systemctl disable --now openvpn.service openvpn@*.service

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth