>Hi,

On Wed, Aug 23, 2023 at 06:41:35AM +0000, Jason Long via Openvpn-users wrote:
> Hello,
> My server and client use range 10.0.2.X:
>
> Server: 10.0.2.15
> Client:  10.0.2.16

>If this is the "outside" IP (LAN NIC) that client and server use to
>setup a VPN session...

> client-config-dir ccd
> ccd-exclusive
> route 10.0.2.0 255.255.255.0
>
> And add the following line to the "/etc/openvpn/ccd/client" file:
>
> iroute 10.0.2.0 255.255.255.0

>... it MUST NOT go into the VPN config, because route/iroute are *inside*
>things.

>"route/iroute" statements in the Openvpn config and the CCD files are
>used to route specific IP addresses / subnets *inside* the VPN to the
>other side.  This could be something like 192.168.100.0 255.255.255.0,
>but not "what you use on the outside NICs".

>gert
>--
>"If was one thing all people took for granted, was conviction that if you
>feed honest figures into a computer, honest figures come out. Never doubted
>it myself till I met a computer with a sense of humor."
>                            Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

>Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                            g...@greenie.muc.de

Hello,
As I understand, if the file name is not equal to the CN name in the client.crt
file, then the client can't connect to the OpenVPN server.

Excuse me, is the ccd-exclusive statement best way to filter the clients? For
example, I only want to allow clients to connect to the server whose CN name is
Trusted.