Hi,

On Sat, Jan 20, 2024 at 11:05:41PM +0000, tincantech via Openvpn-users wrote:

> > > Anything can be done via --client-connect / --client-disconnect scripts.
> >
> > Very interesting, I did not know about this....
>
> "Anything" is absolutely NOT correct, in this context.
>
> Certain things may (or may not) be achievable via --client-connect/disconnect.
>
> While the man page does not make this clear, I am quite certain that duplicate
> client connections are dropped *before* --client-connect fires.

Since duplicate client connections are *not* dropped (but the previus
instance is kicked out), I am very very sure --client-connect fires.

I'm not 100% sure on --client-disconnect, as our server behaviour regarding
EEN in this case seems a bit inconsistent - so maybe --client-disconnect is
also not called.  But I have not tested yet.

gert