On Mon, 5 Feb 2024 12:15:53 +0100, Marc SCHAEFER <schae...@alphanet.ch> wrote:

>On Mon, Feb 05, 2024 at 09:55:58AM +0100, Bo Berglund wrote:
>> I tried the service restart and it worked inasfar as the logs now look like
>> this
>> example:
>>
>> Mon Feb  5 09:42:42 2024 us=734354 succeeded -> ifconfig_pool_set()
>
>Do you mean rsyslog logs?

I mean the logs being produced from these server.conf lines:

status /etc(openvpn/log/openvpn-status.log
log /etc(openvpn/log/openvpn.log
verb 4

I don't care about rsyslog (don't know what it is)...

The reason for posting here is that in a previous thread tincantec showed
excerpts from openvpn log entries and these had the exact format I want for the
timestamps!

So I expected someone "in the know" to say something like this:

Add ****** to the conf file and restart the service.

There is this to set the output to be machine readable:

machine-readable-output

But that produces output like this:

1705839017.435830 32000004 Current Parameter Settings:

So maybe something like:

iso-output

or similar to set the yyyy-mm-dd HH:mm:ss ISO 8601 format?

But that has not happened unfortunately.

>AFAIK you can change rsyslog log format in /etc/rsyslog.conf, however this
>might break all of your default/existing logcheck rules.

I wuld not like to break anything as a side effect...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden