Basic details
My name is Marinica Denis Andrei, I live in Bucharest, Romania, Eastern
European Time (GMT+2). As a bachelor's degree, I graduated from the
Polytechnic University of Bucharest, Faculty of Industrial Engineering and
Robotics, "Robotics and Computer Science" department, the final grade
obtained being 9.5/10, having as a diploma project the realization of a
robotic cell for depalletizing, labeling and repalletizing of cardboard
boxes integrating an ABB IRB 760 articulated arm industrial robot from the
ABB company. To complete the diploma project, I realized the 3D simulation
of the entire robotic cell using a microcontroller from the ABB company,
internet networks and signals created in the ABB Robot Studio software. I
made the simulation using python and C# scripts. We also made a matrix of
accelerations and rotations for the integrated robot, calculations of
tangential and centrifugal forces made in Matlab and an automatic tracking
system made in python.

I am currently a master's student at the Polytechnic University of
Bucharest, at the Faculty of Automation and Computer Science, majoring in
"Computer Science, Advanced Control and Real-Time Systems", the grade
obtained in the entrance exam being 10/10. I have already started the
dissertation project, continuing the bachelor's project. This project
involves the realization of the physically articulated arm type robot, the
components being made through the additive manufacturing process (3D
printing), integrating Arduino components and servomotors. For this robot,
I started programming two offline and online applications. The programming
of the industrial robot is done through the Arduino IDE and the C
programming language, the robot having commands that it can take from the
serial bus. The offline application is made with the Python programming
language, having several panels that can interact with the operating system
and CAD-type programs, tracking signals, positions that can be transposed
in graphic form, control of individual servomotors and the control carried
out on coordinate axes correlating several servomotors to achieve the
movement. I have also integrated an online application, an application
created as a back-end using the Python programming language, the Flask
library, Jinja, pyserial (for transmitting serial signals to the robot),
mathplotlib (for making graphs), pandas, numpy (for reading a document with
a code already registered for programming the robot), SQL and pylogin (for
the registration in a database of each account created on the online
application), various APIs for webscraping of information displayed in real
time from (Google search , google scholar, youtube, google patents), BS4
and Selenium for webdriver automation and information retrieval through
webscraping. Also, the front-end part is made through HTML, CSS, SASS, JS,
Bootstrap5, MediaQuery. The application also has an authentication and
creation system for user accounts and a 2-factor authentication system,
through which the user enters the email address and receives an automatic
verification code.

I currently work as a System Engineer in the Continental Automotive
company, ADAS Autonomus Mobility department. The technologies used are C,
C++, Python, CAN, SPI, ETHERNET. On the requirements side, I use IMS, Jira,
Confluence, DOORS NG, Jazz. I am assigned to 3 different projects, 50
percent I work on the "Market Intelligence and Concept Development"
project, it involves the analysis of the global market and products for the
improvement of Continental products, the creation of scripts with trend and
seasonal data prediction algorithms, the creation system architecture
(hardware and software), extracting data from the Internet and filtering
them through webscraping technology and creating relevant charts for market
analysis. All this is done through Python, C and Matlab languages.

For the rest of the projects, I am assigned 25 percent each, the first one
being "camera, ultrasonic and satellites", realizing the software and
hardware architecture together with the domains, and the other project
being (DeepDrive) for which I analyze the image from the camera at the
pixel level, detection, distances with Python and C.

In the past I worked as a Software Test Automation Engineer in the Luxoft
company for the creation of a camera for detection, processing and
transmission of signals to the ECU. I analyze exports from the script based
on a test plan. The csv exports were the values of all CAN and SPI signals
for each frame. Also, with each software release, we inject new software by
flashing the camera, test and realize certain events in Canoe and create
automatic testing scripts, automatic flashing.

Statement of Motivation
My motivation comes from my passion for the software field, all my hobbies
are related to this field, I have always tried to occupy my time developing
my programming knowledge, I constantly follow courses for programming,
computer science, I constantly do problems on leetcode for C , JS and
Python to practice my logical thinking and develop a lot.

I really want to be accepted in the Google Summer of Code program because I
want to develop myself, I want to learn as much as possible to have a very
solid portfolio of projects and experience and to be able to apply all the
knowledge I have. I am very excited because I have this opportunity, I want
to be the best in what I do and satisfy my boundless passion for software
and technology.

The programming languages and technologies I am passionate about are
python, django, docker, angularjs, aws, machine learning, artificial
intelligence, computer vision, deep learning, AI/ML. I want to be part of
this organization because I really like the technologies you use, I want to
develop myself in this part of machine learning and artificial
intelligence, to be able to interact with as many experts as possible and
to be able to participate in the development of an important project in
this organization.

Following this organization and this project, I want to accumulate a lot of
experience, learn a lot and interact with technologies and projects and be
able to interact with the thinking of experts in this field.
Experiences

My experience in this direction is accumulated both from the jobs I had and
from the educational institutions I attend and from which I graduated.
Constantly, since high school, I followed a lot of trainings on
programming, computer science, machine learning, artificial intelligence,
but also a lot of tests for certifications.

Courses:
- Udemy - Course - 100 Days of Code: The Complete Python Pro Bootcamp
- Udemy - Course - Python Programming
- Udemy - Course - The Python Bible
- Udemy - Course - C++
- Udemy – Course – C Programming for beginners – Master the C language (in
progress)
- CS50 Introduction to Computer Science – Harvard University (in progress)
- Luxoft course – Python Basic
- Luxoft course – Professional Python
- Luxoft course – Introduction to Git
- Luxoft course – Advanced C programming pointers
- Luxoft course – C++ High Performance
- Luxoft course – Open Source Software
- Luxoft course – Software Test Design
- Luxoft course – ASPICE/DQMS

Certifications:
- freeCodeCamp - Scientific Computing with Python
- HIL Academy – Test Automation
- C# -  LinkedIn Skill Assessment badge
- C (Programming Language) -  LinkedIn Skill Assessment badge
- Machine Learning -  LinkedIn Skill Assessment badge
- IT Operations - LinkedIn Skill Assessment badge
- MATLAB -  LinkedIn Skill Assessment badge
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) -  LinkedIn Skill Assessment badge
- Agile Methodologies -  LinkedIn Skill Assessment badge
- Git -  LinkedIn Skill Assessment badge
- Python (Programming Language) -  LinkedIn Skill Assessment badge
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation
- AUTOSAR Classic Fundamentals
Project details
I would like to be part of a project that uses an advanced technology
because I really like challenges, I want to learn as much as possible to
interact as much as possible with advanced algorithms and structures and to
interact with an advanced mentor and expert in the field. I would really
like to be able to talk to an expert to choose the best possible project
that will represent the best possible experience for me.

Regarding the time I want to allocate, I want to get involved in the
development of the project and to work every day from Monday to Sunday and
during work hours and after work hours, of course also on weekends. Time is
not a problem for me, I want to devote myself as much as possible and learn
as many things as possible because, as I said, I am passionate.