Would be cool, I was thinking also about a REST API to offer the same
functionality and an additional module which could be controlled via
OpenWISP so the captive pages could be defined there.
The problem with this is finding the financial resources to build it
because it's not something which can be built in one day and it doesn't
sound like something so critical to waste a Google Summer of Code Project
on it.

Federico