Hi Federico,
I mean being able to write Arabic SSIDs only. I know the translation is
massive.
I think it is an encoding issue.

see if i configure an Arabic SSID in openwrt device.
this would be in the /etc/config/wireless
`option ssid 'مقهى الأصدقاء'`
Arabic letters could be read if you download the file to your computer and
open it with notepad++ for instance.
or if you `cat /etc/config/wireless' from an openwrt device.

but if you try to open the file from a program like WinSCP
you will see the line like this >
option ssid 'مقهى الأصدقاء'

Now we get back to openwisp. If I enter arabic ssid  in a configuration
file or configuration template variable
it tries to update the device but the device refuses and gives a
configuration error.

i think it is trying to config SSID as 'مقهى الأصدقاء'