Hi Federico,

Thank you so much for fast response. I appreciate it!
So, let me explain what I want to achieve:

1. I want my public openwisp server was available on valid SSL certificate.
I have a practice to buy it from Comodo or SSLS rather then using self
signed.

2. As per your comment, “CAS & CERTIFICATES” tool is aimed to generate
certificates. And yes, it works well. For this I’m choosing “Create new”
 option in “Operation type”. It works well for CA and certificate.

3. More then this, I was able to add certificate (as per instruction) for
starting OpenVPN server. On this case I’m using “Import existing”  option
in “Operation type”. It did the job perfect as well. But it is self signed
and is ok for VPN.

4. However, when I’m trying to apply CA bundle and certificate which I’m
getting from SSLS or Comodo, I’m getting the error I highlited in my first
message.

Are you using OpenWISP or the django-x509 module on its own?
I’m using the OpenWISP UI tool. I don’t touch Django tools. Just trying to
follow that simple and straight forward (as I think it is) procedure I
found in UI.

What is your goal in adding these CA and certs in this system?
The goal is to have a valid certificate for  HTTPS. Like any other web site
running on HTTPS.

Maybe I miss something. I tried to find documentation guide for that, I
found this:
https://github.com/openwisp/ansible-openwisp2?tab=readme-ov-file#ssl-certificate-gotchas
As I understood default paths are /opt/openwisp2/ssl/[server.crt,server.key]
So finally I replaced these files with my certificate and it works now.

The confusion point is the way of adding certificate. My misunderstanding
was that it also works fro the admin portal. But it is not. I thought it is
the same as in other controllers I’m working with as well