We have issues with the generation of the README documentation of some
modules on github, so I'll point out to the README text which explains how
to update coordinates via API:
https://github.com/openwisp/openwisp-controller/blob/226442c47be5031e64033ae44c8b00aaf2623c68/README.rst#L2129-L2163
The UUID and Key are available in /etc/config/openwisp.

The general map doesn't update the coordinates in real time yet, but the
map in the device page does.

Best regards
*Federico Capoano*
OpenWISP OÜ