Dear Gagandeep, Federico and OpenWISP Community,

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Prapti Sharma, and I am
writing to express my intent to apply for Google Summer of Code (GSoC) with
OpenWISP this year. I have been an active member of the OpenWISP community
for the past five months, contributing as a backend developer primarily in
Django since october.

I am particularly interested in the initiative to expand the options for
time series databases in OpenWISP Monitoring. With my solid understanding
of OpenWISP Monitoring and experience in Django backend development, I
believe I can make valuable contributions to this project. I have already
contributed to OpenWISP repositories with three pull requests, and I am
planning to contribute to two more repositories in the near future. You can
find links to my contributions here:

1. [Pull Request 1](https://github.com/openwisp/openwisp-radius/pull/502)
2. [Pull Request 2](https://github.com/openwisp/openwisp-utils/pull/364)
3. [Pull Request 3](https://github.com/openwisp/OpenWISP-Website/pull/79)

My experience with NetJSON format and Elasticsearch, coupled with a keen
understanding of optimizing requests to Elasticsearch, positions me well to
tackle this project. I am also excited about the opportunity to add support
for InfluxDB 2.0 as a new time series backend.

Moreover, I have a strong commitment to documentation and have previously
documented usage and setup procedures for projects I have worked on. I
recently added documentation for "iwoc," a month-long open-source program
by my college, and I was recognized for my contributions. You can find the
documentation here: (https://iwoc.codes/dashboard/leaderboard).

In addition, I understand the importance of continuous integration (CI)
builds and am dedicated to ensuring the implementation of at least one
dedicated CI build for Elasticsearch. Furthermore, I will work to enable
users to choose between InfluxDB 1.8 and 2.0 from ansible-openwisp2 and
docker-openwisp.

I am genuinely enthusiastic about contributing to this project and eager to
learn and expand my skills further. I have opened a thread on OpenWISP's
GSoC mailing list to formally show my intent to apply with this project
idea.

Thank you for considering my application. I am looking forward to the
opportunity to work with the OpenWISP community and contribute meaningfully
to the project.

Warm regards,
Prapti Sharma
Github: @praptisharma28