Hi,

I'm trying to run sysupgrade on the asus. I fixed the scripts so that
they actually run through, but mtd in the end fails.

So I started to play with mtd:

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~# /sbin/mtd refresh rootfs
 Refreshing mtd partition rootfs ... Could not open mtd device: rootfs
 Could not open mtd device: rootfs

I traced it back to the open in mtd.c/mtd_open/line 90
this one fails with errno containing "permission denied", when it tries
to open("/dev/mtd2",  O_RDWR | O_SYNC)

is there a reason why one could get a "permission denied" here?

even stranger:
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~# /sbin/mtd refresh linux

fails with "no such file or directory" ...

Suggestions welcome :)
        Harald