I want to have trunk OpenWrt pick up this fix in
madwifi : http://madwifi.org/changeset/3505

I've been through this exercise once before (figuring
out which of the patches applied to madwifi are now
included in the upstream, which are no longer needed, etc).
However, I'm sure that others here know a lot more about
this than I do. So I'm looking for any hints, advice, etc.

For example, should I just pick whatever happens to be
on the madwifi trunk today ? Or is there a golden version
between 3505 and the current revision that would be better ?

Is the current OpenWrt trunk known to be unstable ?
Would I be better using an older revision ?
Is the current code known to be stable on iXP425 ?

Any help most welcome. Thanks.