...do we have such a big mess of patches for madwifi ?

I'm just sayin... every time we pick up a new madwifi revision
most of the patches need to be re-done. Has anyone tried to
put, for example, the stuff that disables debug code, and the
multi-binary stuff back into the upstream code ? Just seems
like a strange way to make software (imho) to be spinning
on these patches constantly, or alternatively failing to pick
up new madwifi revisions because it's too much work to sync
up.

Patches that are actual bug fixes, not already in the upstream
are a fine thing of course. They can be dropped as they
are incorporated into madwifi.

I'd be happy to work on this. Anyone tried to attack this issue
already ?