On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 08:47:17 am Geoff Levand wrote:
> On 07/13/2008 02:11 AM, Michael Geddes wrote:
> > Fixes to vimrc file to avoid some errors.
> >
> > +set showcmd       " Show (partial) command in status line.
> > +set showmatch     " Show matching brackets.
> > +set ignorecase    " Do case insensitive matching
> > +set incsearch     " Incremental search
> > +set autowrite     " Automatically save before commands like :next and
> > :make +set nocompatible  " Use Vim defaults instead of 100% vi
> > compatibility set backspace=indent,eol,start  " more powerful backspacing
> > -set autoindent          " always set autoindenting on
> > -set linebreak         " Don't wrap words by default
> > -set textwidth=0         " Don't wrap lines by default
> > -set ruler               " show the cursor position all the time
> > +set autoindent    " always set autoindenting on
> > +set linebreak     " Don't wrap words by default
> > +set textwidth=0   " Don't wrap lines by default
> > +set ruler         " show the cursor position all the time
>
> Seems like more that just error fixes.  How much does this increase
> the size of the binary?

Actually reduces the file size I think. Most of the changes are just removing
whitespace. (including deleting a misplaced CR).  Note the + and - are
balanced.

There's an endif I had to put in, and a conditional in case the syntax files
haven't been installed (it's a separate package).

It's also only for  'full vim'  so space is not a _huge_ concern.
If you are worried about space - I can reduce all the comments.

//.ichael G.