> How is it possible to create a crontab entry while creating a package?
[...]
> But I would like to do it at such time that the crontab is already
> modified on the firmware image?

I'm not sure to understand: you just want to add a crontab entry at
package installation time, right ?
If so, you can use the target Package/packagename/postinst to add such
entry with a little shell script.
You can see an example here:
https://dev.openwrt.org/cgi-bin/trac.fcgi/browser/packages/admin/muninlite/Makefile
This package add entries to /etc/inetd.conf and /etc/services at
installation time.
In fact, what's directly under such target (until the keyword 'endef' is
encountered) will be copied verbatim as a post-install script in your
package at build time.

Cheers,
ben

--