Ok, got the image working with the latest oatches from Hinko Kocevar (those
5 or 6 patches in this thread) and the patch from Claudio (to have 8mb
image,patch found on the trac).
But there's a big problem, don't know if it's only a problem of mine but I
cannot get any modules included in the image.
For example I include kmod-usb-blablabla and other kmod, but they're not
included in the final image (of course, I've triple checked to have "*" and
not "M" in menuconfig), I've also noticed that no modules are in
/etc/modules.d.
For the rest it seems to works ok (except for iptables that generate a lot
of errors in the log during the boot).

If someone can  try to compile the latest trunk and check if it's a problem
of mine or it's a general trunk problem....would be great!

Let's wait for news...