Hi,

You do not need this patch if your are running the crisos environment,
it already has it, that's the way I found it: by comparing the sources.
I think it would be better to update the main stream (OpenWrt) so I send
a patch that have the minimum of change needed to make it work.

About your trials, I do not think we can discuss it in this mailing list,
send me a email directly, I might not be able to help on everything but
I can share what I know (not as much as I would like) :)

Regards,
Georges