Hi Matthieu,

Le Sunday 07 June 2009 11:28:50 matthieu castet, vous avez écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I wonder with openwrt for bcm47xx is not build with "-msoft-float".
> The cpu doesn't have fpu and the current floating code get emulated by the
> kernel emulator instead of using the gcc emulation support (that is cheaper
> because there is no kernel trap).

Because we enabled the in-kernel FPU emulator, we did not see the interest in
building the toolchain with -msoft-float. Miguel (in copy) also suggested
this fix for big-endian MIPS on a bcm63xx target since he had some problems
with floats in an application.

I am fine with both approaches, even though the kernel FPU emulator sounds
like a simple, though expensive solution. I let other devs comment on this.
--
Best regards, Florian Fainelli
Email : flor...@openwrt.org