* Malte S. Stretz <m...@apache.org> [19.06.2009 11:00]:

> arp is already a oneliner in /etc/profile and not compiled into busybox per
> default.

this has nothing to do with the real arp command,
its just an quick and dirty "show the arp table", but
you cannot manipulate anything using /proc/net/arp.

> I agree that ip is the nicer command, so the ipconfig/route wrapper could go
> into an own package on which unported packages have to depend and the default

i think it should be integrated into the core-system, as long
it is used so much. the wrapper_scripts are ATM about 10K, but
are only sourced if needed...

bye, Bastian Bittorf