On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 03:51, Vasilis
Tsiligiannis<b_tsiligian...@silverton.gr> wrote:
On Sunday 28 June 2009 05:06:29 david.ban...@gmail.com wrote:
Folks,

Not long ago, I posted about a problem w/ the Ubiquity routerstation board
and madwifi.  I have narrowed things down a little more.  svn version 15940
works as it should.  if I svn up -r 15950, compile, load the exact same
configuration file, the board locks ups solid 7 seconds after the network
is enabled (about the time the madwifi drivers come up).

I will note that I am running versions higher than this on other boards
(one Alix board is running 16520).

So this _only_ affects the routerstation board.  Removing the atheros cards
and no lockup (but not much good as the system is slated to be an AP).

So I'm stuck at 15940 on the routerstation.

Ciao,

David A. Bandel

Hello David,

have you tested latest svn revision? This may be some instability related to
compression. Compression is enabled by default on madwifi, if compiled with
this capability enabled. There is a fix for this in r16421.

P.S. You can also try an earlier revision and disable compression with 'option
compression 0'.

Vasilis,

Well,  in 16603 neither compression off nor backing out 434 works (or so it
seems).  I'm open to more suggestions.

David-
           - Nemesis Air Racing Team motto