----- "Daniel Dickinson" <crazycsh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Basically if this is in the firmware you can update all your routers by
> pressing the reset button, or for certain types of bricking, recover
> via reset button.  It is also possible to do upgrades of many units in
> the field, and with future work we'll be doing, to schedule updates for
> routers that stay in contact with us via a reverse connect tunnel.
Sounds like a we might be interested in doing something similar down the road
for maintenance/recovery of our WAPs, we just deployed 44 WRT54GL routers. They
are in our member libraries and provide:
1. Patron wireless network: Unencrypted, on the lan of the 54GL lets patrons
login with their library card number and get online. This network will only let
them go online (not to the intranet or library computers) and is throttled to
2.5M/250k
2. Staff wireless network: Encrypted with WPA2, bridged to the WAN of the 54GL
lets library owned computers be connected to the library network as is they
were hooked to the wired network. No throttling or login (beyond the passkey
for the WPA2 anyways).

All these have a cron job that runs at 3am. It uses wget to download a update
script from our webserver and run it. After that finishes, it reboots (to keep
WiFiDog from locking up). The plan is to use the update script for when we need
to change the settings for WiFiDog (or for the WAP itslelf). Updates for an
individual WAP can be done with an IF statement in the script to check the WAP
name

Aaron Z