Hi,

Recently, I've replaced my old and reliable Nanostation2 for a
Nanostation Loco2. However, it seems that antenna selection doesn't
work fine. I would be very pleased if someone could help in setting
vertical antenna working in Nanostation Loco2. Under AirOS, I could
see and link to a lot of AP when switching to vertical polarisation.
However, when running openwrt, I've only see the same APs as in
horizontal polarisation under AirOS. I've flashed a nanostation loco 2
with the latest openwrt firm from the repository. My
/etc/config/wireless looks like this:

config 'wifi-device' 'wifi0'
        option 'type' 'atheros'
        option 'disabled' '0'
        option 'channel' '6'
        option 'mode' '11b'
        option 'diversity' '0'
        option 'txpower' '20'
        option 'rxantenna' '2'
        option 'txantenna' '2'
        option 'diversity' '0'
        option 'distance' '5000'

config 'wifi-iface'
        option 'device' 'wifi0'
        option 'encryption' 'none'
        option 'ssid' 'guifibages'
        option 'mode' 'adhoc'
        option 'bssid' '12:34:56:78:9A:BC'
        option 'network' 'wifi0'

However, I suspect that vertical antenna is not working. I've tried
systctl -w dev.wifi0.txantenna=1 and systctl -w dev.wifi0.rxantenna=1
but it doesn't work either. Looking AirOS, I've discovered that
/proc/sys/dev/wifi0/extantenna is set to 1, I've also tried activating
external antenna as it is described for a Nanostation2:

sysctl set dev.wifi0.softled 0
gpioctl 7 0

with no luck. Rotating the Nanostation 90º does'nt work either. Anyone
has succeded in making the vertical antenna work in a Nanostation
Loco2? It is only a sensitivity problem? Why does it work in AirOS?

Thanks

Xavier