edgar.sol...@web.de wrote:
> I discovered a currently not used option of jffs2. It allows the setting
> of a compression mode. Because size matters on embedded devices I wonder
> why this is not enabled. Attached a patch that does that. I tried it and
> it works.

Indeed this is a sensible option and should only affect speed at
creation time only (the default mode is to compress using the default
algorithm no matter if it actually increases data). Anyway if you are
really concerned about space check the jffs2 with lzma:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.embedded.openwrt.devel/2890/focus=2892

It gives a 10% size decrease comparing to jffs2 with zlib, making
squashfs obsolete.

regards,
Nikos