Hi,

I've never needed to really get into the startup scripts much but now
I need to try and understand how the mini_fo union gets set up so I'm
trying to learn the startup scripts like preinit.

I'm using a Pronghorn SBC (ixp-42xx) and I thought that maybe if I
edited preinit and put #!/bin/sh -x that I could turn on debugging and
see what the scripts were doing via the serial console.

That didn't work so well.  How you all debug startup scripts?

I can't change preinit from the target can I?  I tried but I guess it
isn't using the one from /jffs and is using the one from /rom.  I had
to rebuild the image to get my preinit changes to execute on startup.

Thanks,

Brian