Thank you for your tenacity in getting this added to OpenWRT, and my
personal apologies/commiseration for the extra effort and aggravation
you went through - I also had a few patches that seemed to take forever
to be reviewed and applied, and did all the same sort of reposts,
rebasing, and friendly nudges as the time elapsed.  I even caught a
little blowback due to being slightly more impatient than was perhaps
courteous or appropriate.  Your patch is greatly appreciated, do not let
the delays or level of interactivity make you think otherwise.

I believe the lack of extra helpers to pipeline these things was a large
part of the speed and reliability of getting a patch assimilated.  There
should be a much better response now with the addition of the
[patchteam], which can handle much of this, and frees up the former few
volunteer staff members (who most are also platform or package
maintainers) from many of the "daily grind" duties like ticket review
and patch review, and it's understandable to not have free time to
handle the daily things on a daily basis when there are so many
tickets/patches per active staff member.  Seven people can get the daily
duties done each week, even if each of them only had one free day a week
to spend an hour or two on the tasks at hand, and I think the team has
about that many and maybe a couple more even, all doing things as they
have a few minutes, which adds up to quite a few more total hours of
ticket and patch jockeying - which also frees up platform and package
maintainers from individually wading through tickets and patches looking
for things that may apply to them, as the team reviews and routes things
to maintainers as best they can judge so they can do more maintaining
and less wading with their available time.  There have also been a few
procedures implemented for the team which help to improve interactivity
and response time, so even if the actual inclusion still takes a little
while to happen, at least you have confirmation that things are actually
happening and nothing has been overlooked or temporarily forgotten.
Basically, the team handles the entire nudge phase so you don't have to,
and also maintain the orphan platforms and packages in the absence of an
official maintainer.

So please do not hesitate to submit patches in the future, it should be
quite a bit more pleasurable than it may have been previously.