On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 21:05:21 -0700, Russell Senior
<russ...@personaltelco.net> wrote:
> (...) but unfortunately, all the revisions I
> have tested after r22295 build okay but have failed to boot
> successfully.  Currently, as of r23118, I lose the serial port very
> early in the boot, immediately after:
>

>From 23118 to 22295 are 823 revisions. So in less than 10 builds you
should be able to bisect the revision causing the failure. You might
even recall which earlier builds already are found to be broken.

When you find the revision that caused the breakage, I guess it will
become quite obvious why it broke your platform. You seem to be lucky
that you only have to see whether the board boots and configures its
network. That makes determining whether the build is OK or broken very
obvious.

Regards,

--
Bas