Hi,

no I have no list yet but it boils down to the fact that the current
network and interface setup mechanisms are rather constrained, old and
inflexible.

Big problems are the lack of statefulness, the tendency for race
conditions, the inability to properly nest protocols and the limited
featureset of the ash shell which will not allow for complex interface
operations like calculating ULAs etc.

Felix has started working on netifd, which will at some point supersede
the current network setup scripts with an rpc capable daemon written in
C for better access to kernel APIs, ability to listen on netlink events etc.

Once this is done, we can start to implement all the IPv6 requirements
in a clean way.

~ Jow