Hi Jonas,

On 06/04/11 13:34, Jonas Gorski wrote:
> On 5 April 2011 14:00, Jonas Gorski <jonas.gorski+open...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Probably you should dump the (default) register values of the FC and the M
>> and compare them and try to find a difference (best if it's some RO
>> register).
>
> Good candidates are the Queue Weight/IGMP registers 0x25 to 0x27 - The bits
> 12 to 15 are read only on the FC, but writable on the M, so a test if they
> can be modified should tell whether it's a FC. Also the registers default to
> 0x2000/4000/8000 on the FC, while the default on the M is 0x1000 for all
> three.

Thank you! Now we're really getting somewhere!

I must say: they can create 4 billion Chip Identifiers in a 32-bit ID, did
ADMtek /really/ have to use the same ID for the two chips? ;)

Any chance that you can get a datasheet for the FC chip? It would help
implementing FC functionality a lot.

Peter.

My key is available at http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~lebbing/pubkey.txt