On 04/26/2011 12:54 AM, Hendrik Bartusch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I thought you were keeping your own repository at
> git://projects.qi-hardware.com/openwrt-xburst.git ? I had several
> difficulties porting packages to my own NanoNote, since your repo is not

if you are porting packages to nanonote. I would advice using this SDK:
http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/software/images/NanoNote/Ben/latest/OpenWrt-SDK-xburst-for-Linux-x86_64-gcc-4.3.3+cs_uClibc-0.9.30.1.tar.bz2
(I am using that for porting package)

> in sync with OpenWRT. Some of your packages are really cool, but
> unfortunately the rest of the repo was always a bit old. Some time ago i
> was trying to patch some kernel changes i needed into my Nano but
> actually I gave up, because it was too much work resolving all those
> version conflicts between the OpenWRT and the Nano repositories.

yes. the openwrt-xburst.git is tracking 'backfire' branch of upstream

> Are you going to merge the Nano branch back?

there are a 'trunk' branch in openwrt-xburst.git now. this branch is for merge
our
source code to upstream master branch.

we have start a little check here:
  http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Git#openwrt-xburst.git_rebase_on_upstream_trunk

there are 28 patches we needs merge to 'trunk' branch. then we can send patches
again to mailing list :)
we will working on that this week.

> Refering to your question about what to test: OpenWRT Packages are
> generally expected to compile & run on every supported target, except
> for those which are really hardware specific. So I think it's a good
> idea to use some VMs for generic x86, mips and arm targets and to
> compile & test your packages for these targets. It's always a
> disappointment for OpenWRT users, if you find a package you're
> interested in in the repository, and then to find out later, they won't
> run, or won't even compile for your target.

thanks for the answer. I think there is a build host in openwrt. can we using
that?