2011/9/19 Maarten Bezemer <m.m.beze...@utwente.nl>

> I was a bit busy lately, so sorry for the late reply.
>
> Update in this patch (compared to v4):
> * Removed ldap, kerebos and activedirectory support
> * Added iconv support, by adding --with-libiconv=$(ICONV_PREFIX) as
> configure flag and by removing some check (which do not work because of
> cross-compilation)
>
> As usual any replies, comments or critics are still welcome of course.
> Although, I got several questions for the patch, so it seems that people
> are eager to have this patch added. So maybe if it is acceptable, it
> could get commited? As I am still willing to become the maintainer, I'll
> continue to try and implement suggestion and ideas. Do I need to do
> something to become 'official' maintainer?

It doesn't apply here:

[jan@srv samba3 (patches)]$ git apply --whitespace=fix -p0 ../../smb.diff
net/samba3/files/config-lfs.h:2664: space before tab in indent.
                slprintf( name, sizeof( name)-1, "%s-%s", program_name,
net/samba3/files/config-lfs.h:2665: space before tab in indent.
                          short_configfile );
net/samba3/files/config-lfs.h:2697: space before tab in indent.
        return dlopen(name, flags);
net/samba3/files/config-lfs.h:2700: space before tab in indent.
        return NULL;
net/samba3/files/config-lfs.h:3097: space before tab in indent.
        return True;
error: patch failed: net/samba3/files/samba.init:1
error: net/samba3/files/samba.init: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: net/samba3/Makefile:1
error: net/samba3/Makefile: patch does not apply

Can you send an update?

Also, please create patches in the top-level directory, not net/samba3/

thanks, jan