Hi Jow,

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 5:49 AM, Jo-Philipp Wich <x...@subsignal.org> wrote:
> And to waht should it be set? That lan interface? What if there are two,
> three, for lan interfaces? All interfaces? What about ones with dynamic
> IP? /etc/hosts would have to be rewritten on every interface state
> change, not desirable. This is most likely a wontfix candidate.

I would set it to say 127.0.1.1 like Ubuntu sets it. Isn't that a
reasonable solution?

> Why should it? If you want /etc/hosts, use /etc/hosts.

Well, just judging by the name of the tab (Hostnames), I thought you
are basically adding hosts to /etc/hosts. What is the function of this
tab then? If it is meant to name DHCP clients, isn't it made redundant
by the static leases section of the DNS/DHCP section?

Cheers!
Iordan

--
The conscious mind has only one thread of execution.