Hi,

On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 05:33:12AM +1030, David Newall wrote:
> I'm running 10.03.1 with kmod-ipv6, radvd and wide-dhcp6-client on a
> DG834 (ar7) and I think I've discovered a race between something --
> perhaps pppd -- and sysctl.  IPv6 is enabled on the ppp link, but I get
> no global IPv6 address when it's brought up.  After much tracing, I find
> that I do get a global address if I insert a five second sleep (or so)
> in /etc/hotplug.d/iface/10-routes before:
>
>    do_sysctl "net.ipv6.conf.$DEVICE.accept_ra" $accept_ra

To me, this sounds as if the sysctl is actually turning *off* acceptance
of RouterAdvertisements on the ppp0 interface - so if you wait enough
time for the address to be already there, turning off RAs won't harm.

So this is less of a race but more a misconfiguration - find out where
$accept_ra is set, and make sure it's set to "1" :-)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de