Roman Yeryomin wrote:
> On 31 January 2012 01:17, Tobias Diedrich <ranma+open...@tdiedrich.de> wrote:
> > This patch adds basic swconfig support for ramips_esw:
> >
> > root@OpenWrt:/# swconfig dev rt305x show
> > Global attributes:
> > Port 0:
> >        led: 5
> >        pvid: 1
> > Port 1:
> >        led: 5
> >        pvid: 1
> > Port 2:
> >        led: 5
> >        pvid: 1
> > Port 3:
> >        led: 5
> >        pvid: 1
> > Port 4:
> >        led: 5
> >        pvid: 2
> > Port 5:
> >        led: ???
> >        pvid: 1
> > Port 6:
> >        led: ???
> >        pvid: 1
> > VLAN 1:
> >        ports: 0 1 2 3 6t
> > VLAN 2:
> >        ports: 4 6t
> >

> I think that this is definitely a good thing.
> But we must be careful to fully switch to it because, eg., belkin
> board I have (and probably others with external switch) requires
> double tagging control to enable external switch (will post a patch
> for current trunk a bit later).

Hmm, interesting.
Does that have to do with the FCT2/FPA2 registers?
I had to use different init values for those for my WL-351.
And I configured the switch to not untag and pass on vlans 0-15 to
get it to work somewhat.

If you have a datasheet, is there a bit to maybe disable the vlan
support of the internal switch so it'll just pass on the packets
like a dumb switch?  That should simplify things when the internal
switch isn't really used at all like in said WL-351.

Double tagging sounds like something you'd want to avoid if at all
possible. :)

--
Tobias                                          PGP: http://8ef7ddba.uguu.de