On 10/04/2012 05:48 PM, Joachim Schlipper wrote:
> The openvpn-devel package won't disappear once the 2.3 version of
> OpenVPN is released, or does it?

I don't see any reason to continue this once 2.3 is out.
There are currently features in OpenVPN-trunk which are essential to
some users. Once 2.3 is out however, continuing this just for having a
stable as well as a bleeding-edge version doesn't make any sense to me
(and it wouldn't have to do anything with OpenVPN in particular anymore).
I was already about to drop the old package when I was reworking the
-devel package, however this time OpenVPN-trunk was in an alpha state
and we didn't want to have the only OpenVPN-package being an alpha
version in our next release.
However it's not going to be dropped now nor very soon and if there's
any particular reason I also don't mind keeping it the way it is right
now, once 2.3 is released.

  mirko