Helmut Schaa <helmut.sc...@googlemail.com> [2012-12-10 09:04:22]:

> I've just submitted a rt2x00 patch that registers a valid address mask with
> mac80211. So, you could actually use this information to generate valid MAC
> addresses for this device:
>
> /sys/class/ieee80211/phy0/macaddress
> /sys/class/ieee80211/phy0/address_mask

I wonder what's the best way or preferred way of using the address_mask value.
It seems, like it's not used in OpenWRT at all. And as I see it, there's no
easy way of using it in the shell script (or is there?).

For me it would be pragmatic to add a new command (or extending 'add <mac>
<number>' command) to the 'maccalc' utility. Something like 'maccalc

It would be nice to get some final opinion how this could be handled and I
could move on :) Thanks.

-- ynezz