>> I'm trying to prepare an update of udev/libudev to latest upstream. As
>> you may already know, udev/libudev sources are now within systemd. I'm
>> not fully sure how to handle this issue; so I'm hoping to get some
>> advice here. Comments welcome!
>
> Why do we need this at all? Most configurations out there do not use
> udev at all and use hotplug2 instead to keep the system small.

I know that hotplug2 is the preferred system to handle uevents, but
given that udev is currently in the core packages in trunk, I'm assuming
that not everyone uses hotplug2 and that there are users out there using
udev and applications that rely on udev. So, why not update udev to
latest upstream release?

My use case, anyway, is to package ModemManager for OpenWRT; and as part
of that I thought that updating udev (and including gudev in the
process) would be a nice thing to have.

Cheers!

--
Aleksander