On 06.03.2013 16:01, Aaron Z wrote:
We have about 50 WRT54GL wireless access points in ~40 libraries
which act as access points to serve up 2 wireless networks (an
encrypted staff one and a unencrypted public one for patron use (using
WiFiDog auth/stats)).
We have installed all of the 54GLs that we bought a few years back
and I am looking at the possibility to starting to send out TP-LINK
TL-WR841ND boxes (such as http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0037D51FQ ) for
new installs.
Anyone have any experience on how stable the "UFO" models are with OpenWRT?
Is there a better option (in the US market) that costs $60 (or less)
with a 4+ port switch and at least 802.11G wireless?

The TL-WR841ND may very well be a good choice. You can also consider the TL-WR1043ND, it has solid support (I have had about four of them and tested rather heavily over time). It is probably the best tested OpenWrt supported router today. It also fits you budget with a margin:
http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-WR1043ND-Ultimate-Wireless-Detachable/dp/B002YLAUU8

Cheers,
Alf