Hi Bastian,

Thank you for the information. I enabled "paging of anonymous memory"
option and now I'm able to see the swap memory being used.

But the system still freezes at least 40% of the times I tested. It freezes
in the first 5 min of the boot up or it will never freeze. I also see that
most of the times for the same set of programs running, swap space used is
not more than 4-16 KB out of total available 6140 KB. I tried with
different swappiness values ranging from 10-100 but all had the same
problems. Does it mean that the swap space is actually not playing a role
at all? If so,  is there a way to force the system to use swap space as
much as possible (other than setting swappiness)?

I'd love to send a patch but I'm not really sure about the changes that I
have to make here? Do I just change the .config in /trunk directory and add
CONFIG_SWAP=y. I tried that, but could not see the zram option in
menuconfig->base system. I also added CONFIG_SWAP=y to
trunk/target/linux/config-3.8 but the zram does not show up in base system.
Is there something that I'm missing? Sorry, I'm new to the build process
and patches.

I appreciate your time. Thank you.

Regards,
Siva.