Hello,

I have a doubt about queue length, more specifically, if the parameter
called "*limit*" from PFIFO/BFIFO works well or not.

I've tried to configure the queue length of the Ethernet interface via TC
command and everything was well, but when I used IFCONFIG command to see
the '*txqueuelen*', such parameter has not been modified. Well, I think
that is because the traffic control and ifconfig uses different variables
(internal to kernel) to represent the queue length, that why 'txqueuelen'
 of the ifconfig command has not been modified... yes or no?

Moreover, I've configured different values of queue size (128, 512, 1024,
...) from TC command (bfifo and pfifo) recently. And, to test it, I sent
UDP flows using Iperf tool from one host to other.
It was little strange for me.. because for small value of queue length
(bfifo = 128 Bytes) *any *transmission occurred. However, for big value
(bfifo = 1500 Bytes) the *transmission ocurred*.

So, I would like a help to understand the problem. I'd like to know the
relationship (if exist) between the 'limit' parameter of TC and the
'txqueuelen' parameter of the ifconfig command.

My best regards,
Scolfield