Hi Jonas,

I eventually managed to get eth0 to work, without too much effort as it turns
out, once I concentrated on the ethernet and understood how the platform data
hangs together.

Fixing eth1, on the otherhand, has caused me several late nights with no
reward (more below)

So shortly I will submit a series of patches to add support for the DIR632 -
without eth1 (wan) functionality working.  Hopefully they conform as
required... I have other tasks that need my attention for a while, and fixing
eth1 needs input from people who have more experience working with ethernet
drivers :-)

At least, this will allow the DIR-632 to be added as 'partial support', and
usable by anyone who has a use case that doesn't require the wan port (e.g.
wireless repeater, basic switch, etc.)  If they badly need wan support they
can use my unofficial patches for the interim

With eth1, after a couple of false starts and fixing obvious things like being
able to register platform mdio.1, I ended up instrumenting DD-WRT to trace
every register write, switch register and mdio write, and it appears that the
ar71xx_ag7240.c has quite a lot of differences - where the DD-WRT driver
writes to many registers on the switch and mdio that are not touched by
OpenWRT.  I started by naively adding the missing calls, but then finally
stalled when I realised there is a whole interrupt handler missing from
openwrt.  If you like I can post my partial work to my github or here, but
first I want to get the rest of the board into the trunk if at all possible.

hope this helps,
Andrew