On 05/15/2013 02:15 AM, cmsv wrote:
I have encountered the following problems while compiling images:

The reason being is for example that the network configuration file for
a dlink is not fully the same as for example tp-link.
Having any of these  config files in <buildroot dir>/files/config/ will
eventually "brick" routers that for example have a different switch
configuration; will fail working properly for wireless and have
functioning problems with system.

These files exist in <buildroot dir>/package/base-files/files/etc/ and
while building the image they get merged with the specifics of the hardware.
My question is if we can have the same "merging" task done while having
<buildroot dir>/files/ .

Have you considered either...?

a) use ./scripts/env to mantain a different set of /files for each model

or

b) use an /etc/uci-defaults/smart-template.sh : it can check the hardware model where it is running live, and apply the config based on that information

Hope that helps