Adam Gensler <open...@gnslr.us> writes:

> TL;DR - using "--address" for individual host A records is broken, use
> "--host-record" instead.

Tried it in cerowrt (openwrt trunk-based) and seems to work well
(although I had to mangle the patch a bit by hand before `git am` would
accept it; the top-level package/ dir was missing from the paths in the
patch).

I'd love for the add_local_hostname option to also add the ipv6 address
of the router to the generated host-record. Tried adding it in, but got
stuck figuring out how to get the configured ipv6 address from the
ip6assign logic (network_get_ipaddr6 returns nothing, as does getting
the value from uci). I realise this is orthogonal to your host-record
patch, but since you're messing with it anyway, I thought maybe you
could figure out how to add that as well.

Doing a host record with mixed v4/v6 addresses manually from the config
works as expected. :)

-Toke