On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 10:14:07PM -0400, cmsv wrote:
> Tested with:
> Attitude Adjustment r37270
>
> Batman-adv 2013.2 (current stable release )
>
> I have tested wpa* and it is currently not working with batman-adv.
> The ssid for the mesh is encrypted but batman-adv/batctl is unable to
> see/ping any nodes.
>
> I tested with wpa, wpa2 and without encryption.
> without encryption i was able to get the other nodes to join the mesh
> and have them communicate with each other.
>
> I believe someone has once mentioned about a patch that was related to
> this problem and i wonder if it is already included in these software
> releases or not and if other people are experiencing this same problem.

Patches for making IBSS-RSN (WPA2 for ADHOC) work correctly are still pending on
the hostapd/wpa_supplicant mailing list...I hope they get merged soon.

If they are not merged in the upstream hostapd, I'll try to push them to
openwrt.

Also a small change to mac80211 is required (this has already been merged
upstream)

Cheers,

--
Antonio Quartulli