On Thu, Aug 01, 2013 at 12:58:58PM +0200, John Crispin wrote:
> On 01/08/13 13:02, Yousong Zhou wrote:
> >Hi, this series tries to fix unintended failsafe triggering by initializing
> >buttons' last_status with its actual value instead of always 0 (released).
> >Otherwise devices with like TL-WR720N-v3 would always go into failsafe as
> >some of
> >its GPIO buttons are always in pressed state.  It's weird that this issue
> >never
> >happened before.

Now I guess it's because the order of execution. Previously, we first
start hotplug2 in preinit_essential, then insmod gpio-button-hotplug
(20_device_fs_daemons).  Shortly after that the first state event
happened which would sync last_status and the actual state, but at which
moment no signal handler (USR1) was yet installed until later by
30_failsafe_wait.

Anyway, glad that this helps. ;)

        yousong