* Bastian Bittorf <bitt...@bluebottle.com> [08.10.2013 09:24]:
> Decompressing kernel... failed, data error!
>
> System halted!
> ################
>
> it's clear, that in this stage we cannot make use of
> kernel features (e.g. panic_on_oops), because there is
> no kernel yet 8-) IMHO we should enforce a reboot in this
> stage, maybe after waiting some seconds (600?). It's
> very annoying in a production/rooftop-scenario if everything
> is alright, but the router had a bitflip...

i digged i bit trough the source and in a lot of loaders i found:
(e.g. in target/linux/ar71xx/image/lzma-loader/src/loader.c)

static void halt(void)
{
        printf("System halted!");
        for(;;);
}

so it waits forever when _any_ error occurs.

for doing a full reboot in this stage (i think) we have to call
somehow 'machine_restart(args)' - but where can i find the
board-specific code/headers?

bye, bastian