* Felix Fietkau <n...@openwrt.org> [10.11.2013 13:13]:
> > 3 sec vs. 70 sec...
> > this was done on a strong board, on a weak board the difference is much
> > bigger.
> > This is only _one_ little optimization, and there are a lot of...
> For it to matter, I'm more interested in the absolute time saved than
> relative differences on a completely unrealistic number of iterations.
> In the case you're describing, it's still only saving about 7 ms per
> interface-up event, that's not a lot.

i digged again trough the script and have some ideas:

1)
every script probes if itself is 'enabled', so in
e.g. /etc/hotplug.d/iface/30-6relay the call is:

/etc/init.d/6relayd enabled || exit 0

can we avoid that? maybe if the daemon is disabled
via '/etc/init.d/6relayd disable', than the hotplug-file
is also hidden? or netifd/procd should not call daemons
which are disabled?

2)
also every script which needs an action has to fork, e.g.
in '/etc/hotplug.d/iface/50-olsrd' we call

/etc/init.d/olsrd restart

maybe we can just source 'rc.common' once in '/sbin/hotplug-call'
and so we can call just 'restart' when we need it?

3)
what happens during bootup (where we can see load ~5...10),
when all interfaces are fired: for every event we have to restart
the whole olsrd-process. i better way would be to 'wait for all
interfaces' in one batch and than call it?

> By the way, I found an even faster way to deal with that particular
> call: https://dev.openwrt.org/changeset/38704 :)

8-)

bye, bastian