As I understand it, lawyers are looking over the situation with this driver before it gets included in the upstream kernel.

David Lang

On Fri, 29 Nov 2013, Wojciech Kromer wrote:

Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 14:34:44 +0100
From: Wojciech Kromer <wojciech.kro...@dgt.com.pl>
To: OpenWrt Development List <openwrt-devel@lists.openwrt.org>
Subject: Re: [OpenWrt-Devel] [RFC] exFAT driver

I'd like to have kernel exfat driver,
esspecialy one that compiles with different kernel versions.

This one is readonly and seems to be android specific.

Just for start, I've tried it on two machines.
After some small changes it compiles and:
- works with 2.6.32 on debian
- crashes with 2.6.38 on ubuntu

Best regards.

Accidentally found an exFAT driver in a kernel 2.6.34 source:
https://github.com/Pivosgroup/buildroot-linux-kernel/tree/develop/fs/exfat
The source of the driver inside the mentioned kernel can be downloaded here:
http://www.munted.org.uk/programming/exfat.tar.bz2

If the inclusion of this driver is interesting i can test it, send the
feedback and write a patch.

Personally i'm not interested on it, but surely there are some people
interested in this filesystem.