Does it deserve a  "busybox_menuconfig" just like "kernel_menuconfig"?

I think it does, because that  also saves a lot of questions in the
> future (hopefully). Because I think a lot of people that build there
> own custom openwrt firmware often also modify the busybox config.

I was especially surprised that not only the system-critical config options were removed, but also the "harmless" usual add-on tools & commands like diff, traceroute6 etc. were removed at the same time.

I would prefer those add-ons to return to the main menuconfig for easier use, and the options for more deep down system stuff could be left to a new busybox_menuconfig.

> The config for busybox can be overridden via `env/busybox-config'. See r39107.

Another method is to manually edit the new busybox default config at package/utils/busybox/config/default
https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/package/utils/busybox/config/default