On Wed, 2014-01-22 at 18:28 +0100, Matti Laakso wrote:
> > Interesting! I had assumed either that there was a cs0 pin, but that
> > it did not appear anywhere in the sources because it was not
> > reconfigurable in the way cs1 is, or else (but I don't know enough
> > about electronics to know whether this is feasible in practice)
> > that both nand and nor on the HH2B were connected to cs1, one of
> > them directly and the other through an inverter, so that whenever
> > one was selected the other was deselected.
>
> Actually there is a CS0. Silly me. CS0 and CS1 then correspond to EBU
> banks 0 and 1. It's just that sometimes only bank 1 is used, but here
> obviously both are used. Sorry for the confusion.
>
> Matti

The fact that we found we needed extra waits ties in with what you
said about how turning open drain on and off affects timing, except
that the observed behaviour seems to be the wrong way round. Also,
if there are separate cs0 and cs1 pins, why should the open drain
setting on CS1 affects both nand and nor. It is all very odd!

Ben